View Photos from the 2013 Annual Dinner
and 20th Anniversary Celebration!
Welcome to the UNH
The family in business together faces many challenges. The demands of a successful business often affect family life, and family concerns frequently have an impact on the life of the business. Additionally, the economic climate produces many problems unique to the smaller family firm.
The Mission of the University of New Hampshire's Center for Family Business is to assist the entrepreneurial family in finding solutions to its unique business challenges and concerns.
- Run successful family meetings
- Choose a successor(s)
- Bring family members into the business
- Resolve conflict and improve communication
- Achieve and sustain profitability
- Transfer, successfully, leadership and ownership
- The program, founded in 1993, provides member families with life long learning activities as well as a safe nurturing environment to network with other families facing the same challenges. Program topics are selected by the members and include a variety of business as well as family issues.
Wirebelt Company of American named
2012 "Family Business of the Year"
David Greer from Wirebelt Co. of America on left
2012 Family Business of the Year
from last year's winner
David Drolet from General Linen Services.