Welcome to the UNH Center for Family Business
"UNH Center for Family Business is the "Go To" place
for successful family businesses."
THE UNH CENTER FOR FAMILY BUSINESS is a membership program designed to help family-owned businesses navigate the unique challenges they face when families work together maintaining a healthy and happy family relationship. The program provides an opportunity for families to develop personal relationships with and learn from other family-owned businesses.
The program focuses on improving leadership skills, transferring ownership to the next generation, developing good communication skills, navigating through business challenges, and resolving conflict.
The University of New Hampshire, along with our members and strategic partners, recognizes that family businesses are a vital part of the New Hampshire economy and the Center is a resource to help them be successful and prosper from generation to generation.
If you are a family business The Center should be your "go to place".
Annual membership fee is only $1250 for the whole family
Interactive Educational Programs focus on Challenging Issues
University of New Hampshire's Center for Family Business assists entrepreneurial families in finding solutions to their unique challenges and concerns and helps families grow, prosper and keep family harmony. The Center offers a series of interactive educational programs for family business members and key employees on a membership basis. And most important offers members the opportunity to network and form lasting friendships with other family business owners. Center programs focus on topics such as:
- Succession Planning
- Planning for Ownership and Leadership Transfer
- Managing Growth in the Family-owned Business
- Buy-Sell Agreements
- Strategic Planning for the Family-owned Business
- How to Discuss and Resolve Tough Issues
- Motivational and Compensation Strategies
- Attracting and Retaining Key Non Family Employees
- The Right Way to Bring Children into the Family Business
- Sibling Rivalry
- Retirement Needs of the Senior Generation
- Managing Conflict
- Team Building and Communication
- Non-active Family Members
- Successful Family Meetings.
Members represent Large and Small Businesses
Members of the program are family businesses, large and small, ranging from first to seventh generation, representing all sectors of the economy, from New Hampshire, Maine, and Northern Massachusetts, The Center for Family Business is made possible by member support as well as that of our corporate sponsors.
View Photos from the 2016 Annual Family Dinner. Click Here.
- Run successful family meetings
- Choose successors
- Bring family members into the business
- Resolve conflict and improve communication
- Achieve and sustain profitability
- Successfully transfer leadership and ownership
- Prosper generation to generation
The program, founded in 1993, provides member families with lifelong learning activities as well as a safe, nurturing environment in which to network with other families facing the same challenges. Program topics are selected by the members and include a variety of business as well as family issues.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter!
Receive family business tips and stay informed about upcoming programs!