"It is helpful as we navigate the family business waters to receive insight and suggestions from other business leaders who have experienced similar issues. I normally come away from a session with several new ideas. It is never easy to go it alone, in life and business. Having the wealth of experience and knowledge in the Family Business membership to draw on is a great resource."
Tom Brown, CEO, New Hampshire Distributors
Become a Member
Members of the program are family businesses --large and small--, ranging from first to seventh generation, representing all sectors of the economy, from New Hampshire, Maine, Northern Massachusetts, and Vermont.
All benefits are available to each of the family members, both active and inactive, as well as professional managers. Yearly membership includes:
- Participation by all family members and key non-family employees in several programs and seminars a year.
- Special access to the Leadership Development Program Elective.
- Networking with other business owning families.
- Introduction to family business experts and resources.
- 10% discount for Business and Industry workshops and seminars at Pease and Manchester.
- Exposure to University of New Hampshire faculty and resources.
- Optional on-site visits by sponsor(s).
Annual Membership Fee:
Membership fee for the year is $1,250 for a family.
Attend a Sample Program:
Prospective members may attend a program, as a "trial run," at a per program fee which can be applied to their membership.
What Members like Best
about the Center & its Programs...
(from the latest survey)
- Being associated with other family businesses with similar problems and learning from their solutions or approaches.
- Networking, hearing stories about what businesses have been through.
- Sharing and learning from other family business members.
- Realizing that our challenges in running a family business are something that all members share.
- Dealing with succession and management issues. It compels discussion of matters otherwise left unsaid.
- The sharing of issues and knowledge.
- Getting some different perspectives from other small business owners.
- The tips on how to continue company growth.
- All the great speakers.
- Knowing that we are not alone in facing the issues and challenges of operating a family business.
- The support and discussion with others is very encouraging.
To download a PDF of the Brochure describing This Year's Programs,
For More Information
If you would like more information about the Center for Family Business and its programs, or know someone who is interested in joining, please contact the office at (603) 862-1107, or email email@example.com.